openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AOO 4.0]: migration of AOO 3.4.x/OOo 3.x user profile data - help needed
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:54:52 GMT
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> Do you have one or two C++ extension at hand (except former Presenter Screen
>> and former Presenation Minizer) for testing?
> The PDF Import extension: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdfimport
> MySQL Connector: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
> My version of this last one:
> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/

This deserves some discussion: these two extensions are very popular so
it would be better to find a solution to this before users ask for
support in scores.

If I understand correctly, we have now have two problems with these
extensions:
1) License: both extensions have GPL (or similar) dependencies, so they
cannot be formally released by this Apache project.
2) Compatibility: the STLport change makes the latest versions
incompatible with OpenOffice 4.0.

Can the problem be solved by simply rebuilding the two extensions in the
new framework? If it isn't too hard, it's better to upload an
"unofficial" version (meaning: released by individual developers, but
not officially by the project) to the Extensions site than dealing with
feature limitations and support requests.

For the time being, I updated
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0
with this information.

Regards,