openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Article on the Register
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:13:29 GMT
On 12.06.2013 01:23, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> pick a
>> schedules

>> that

>> promotion

>> at the

>> blog) and
>> it's

>> what
>>>>
>>> How about adding it to the top-nav, where we currently have:
>>>
>>> Product
>>> Download
>>> Support
>>> Extend
>>> Develop
>>> Focus Areas
>>> Native Language
>>>
>>> Put a new entry there for "News" or "Blog" and have that link to the
>> blog.
>> I went ahead and did this.  Easily reversible if we don't like it.
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/
>>
>> -Rob

Great, thanks.  Looks like at least something good came from this article.

> Well...I would have preferred calling it something else besides "News"
> because now I think it's confused/associated with the left "News" items.
>
> When Andrea brought this up, I guess I was thinking he wanted actual Blog
> headlines listed/highlighted, but maybe the top nav bar is good if we come
> up with something a bit more "catchy".  But...I got nothin. :/

Can we have both?  Some longer living, semi-'official' news and a more
frequently changing list of recent blog posts.  I find both important
and interesting.  And having blog posts listed on the main page may be
an incentive to more people writing new posts.

-Andre