openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sidebar for Developers
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:39:31 GMT
On 11.06.2013 12:29, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
> Hello Andre,
>
>> From: Andre Fischer [mailto:awf.aoo@gmail.com]
>> I have created a new Wiki page for developers how want to add
>> new panels
>> to the sidebar [1].  At the moment it focuses on the explanation of a
>> demo extension that with some Java code shows an analog clock
>> in a new
>> "Tools" deck.  The part that explains how a sidebar panel extension
>> works in general has to be extended in the future.  But it's a start.
>>
>> Until I find a better place, maybe in the SDK, the source code (as
>> Eclipse project) [3] and OXT file [2] can be found on my
>> apache people
>> directory.
> Thank you for this work.
>

> I have the following questions:
>
> 1.
> Can you please still give an example of normal controls? (Buttons, combo boxes,
> ...)

Maybe in the future.  This extension is not about its content.  Its
focus is on demonstrating on how to add a panel and a deck to the
sidebar.  Once you have an XWindow for the new panel, it is up to you to
fill it with something meaningful.

> 2.
> Your example is implemented in Java, there are also ways in StarBasic?
> Maybe it also needs a 'bridge' in Java or C++, but there is a way?

Juergen has answered this already.
I would like to add that you can use any language that a) is supported
by UNO and b) in which you can create new UNO services.

-Andre