openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] Preparing AOO 4
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 23:36:47 GMT
Am 06/09/2013 12:18 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> I've updated the test area in staging:
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>
> There are a couple of links in the sidebar to be improved, the rest
> looks very good:
> * Release Schedule is actually a "Release History", or timeline

Right. Wouldn't it then be better to point to the new schedule?

> * Dictionaries leads to a totally outdated section. We recently
> consolidated all dictionaries in extensions.openoffice.org , so I'd
> recommend a link "Extensions and Dictionaries" pointing to
> extensions.openoffice.org instead of two separate links.

Then it's IMHO better to extend the link in the light blue box to speak
about "Get Apache OpenOffice Extensions and Dictionaries" and delete the
link in the nav sidebar.

I've concentrated on the DL links. Thanks for looking right and left. ;-)
Updated.

>>> 1. I'm working with the following directory structure:
>>> .../aoo/4.0.0/source/
>>> .../aoo/4.0.0/binaries/<LANG>/
>>> .../aoo/4.0.0/binaries/SDK/
>
> Very personal opinion: SDK is not a language and feels out of place
> there. But it is just a matter of preference.

Yes, me too. However, we had this discussion last year and some wanted
to have SDK on the same level as the languages.

Because we save one complexity level I can live with this very well.

We shouldn't forget that this is just the structure on the mirrors.
Nearly nobody will see or take care about this. ;-)

>>> 2. I'm working with the following filename structure:
>>> (especially @Juergen + Ariel)
>>> aoo-4.0.0-r1234567890-src.tar.bz2
>
> Since this is our most "official" package, I would name it
> apache-openoffice-4.0.0-r1234567890-src.tar.bz2
> or
> Apache_Openoffice-4.0.0-r1234567890-src.tar.bz2
> if we want to use the same naming pattern we use for binaries. Anyway, I
> would prefer to see both "Apache" and "OpenOffice" present in full in
> the package name.

Good idea.

@Juergen:
As you are producing the source packages, please can you take this into
account?

Thanks

Marcus