openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: how to stop openoffice recovery
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:24:03 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:44:09 +0800
Yuzhen Fan <fanyuzhen@gmail.com> wrote:

> 彤_u:你好!
>
> 如果是要停止本次恢复,则选择取消按钮。如果是要永久关闭自动恢复功能,也就是下次不再出现这个对话框,目前我还没找到方法。貌似AOO没提供这个选项。
>
> Hi all, is there any one know how to disable the AOO recovery for ever,
> does AOO provides an option that can prevent displaying these dialogs next
> time? That is likely Tong Xuan's question in her mail, I haven't found such
> kind of option.
>
> Regards,
> Yu Zhen
>

> 2013/6/25 戴彤_u <m991107@mail.chimei.org.tw>
>

> >  你好:
> >
> >  不好意思,想__教一下,如果想_P_]自_踊__臀募_功能__如何做呢?麻_┱_提供方法,_x_x!

She should be advised to sort out her operating system! Recovery messages should only occur
very rarely, usually after a program or system crash. Even using Windows, system crashes ought
very rarely occur - from experience on the en-Forum, these seem to occur mostly with people
trying to squeeze an extra few minutes from their laptop batteries and ignoring the low power
messages, or from power interruptions (brownouts?) on mains powered computers.

Also, she should be advised that the process of OpenOffice closing a file is slightly slower
than for an uncompressed file; best to tell the computer to close the file and while it is
doing this (and flushing disk write buffers), gather one's papers before powering off. USB
removal protocols for the operating system should (must) be observed if working to USB device;
working direct to USB memory stick also seems to be responsible for many file corruptions
from OpenOffice.
.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>