openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: service ResultSet
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 23:26:06 GMT
Hi Rajath,

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:42:01AM +0530, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
> Hello Ariel,
>
> Can you help me with the OpenOffice Logger.
> Where can I open the Log?
> I'm using Logger log = Logger.getAnonymousLogger();
> log.log(Level.XXX,"XXX");
>
> Where can I check the access the log?

This has nothing to do with OpenOffice, it's simply Java logging, please
read
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/util/logging/overview.html

OpenOffice has a logging API too, see
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/logging/module-ix.html
but if you want to keep it simple, just use Java logging API with
a named logger (with the name of the respective class), and then set up
a configuration file in the Tools - Options... dialogue
OpenOffice - Java, select the JRE and press the Parameters... button,
and assign

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=<path to your config file>

like in this
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/Tools_Options_Java_logging.png

<path to your config file> can be a properties file with the following
properties:

handlers = java.util.logging.FileHandler
java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = %h/aoo%g.%u.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.level = ALL
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina