openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Recovery of Documents
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:02:18 GMT
On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:28:28 +0100 (BST)
Penny scott <penny.scott2@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Please can you help. I just need a simple answer and I can't make head nor tail of your
support page.

> My OpenOffice program crashed but informed me that it had saved my open documents and
they'd be recovered when I re-opened the program.

> I re-opened the program but it didn't start the usual document recovery procedure.
> Is there any way that I can trigger it to recover the files ?
> I tried crashing the computer to see if that triggered a recovery, but no.
>

> Nothing in the help files relates to this problem.
> Perhaps there's a folder where they're stored ?
> Is there anything I can do.

There may be a .bak file in the directory for backups pointed to by /Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org
: Paths.

Alternately, look in  the Temporary Files directory (same pointer) and if there are files
with funny names (dfthd.fgr sort of thing), rename them to .odt (or .doc if you were working
in doc format) and see if they open.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>