openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for AOO 4.0 Logo Selection
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 18:39:55 GMT
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org
> wrote:

> The only way I can visualize the book notion is that I am seeing an
> unfolded piece of paper.  If this is two facing pages of an open book, the
> problem is there is nothing to suggest the rest of the book.

It could be bookish with the addition of a "cover" -- a widened dark V
underneath the bird.  But of course then you lose the birdishness.

Alternately, extend the wing tips into scroll spirals.  But that risks
failing at bookishness AND birdishness.

So the flat orb is likely to be the new standard?  Will the round orb then
be deliberately retired?

Don