openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for AOO 4.0 Logo Selection
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 21:48:50 GMT
On 28/05/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> That's where we are now.  The updated logos (three of them) are on the wiki now:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
> As you can see there is quite a bit of convergence on a design occurring.

This is just right for a product with an established brand. Good to see
that the process has brought nice results so far.

> So what next?
> I'd like to propose some next steps.

The plan is OK to me.

> A) Let's discuss the three designs on the mailing list for the next
> week.   The discussion might lead to further refinement.

They are all rather good, but I quite like Chris' design: the heavier
font looks better than the (a bit too thin) one used by Samer and Kevin,
and the gray color looks more modern than the black we used to have.

Speaking of Chris' design...
- I would keep the version number ("4") only for the splash screen and
for the about box, but not for the main logo (I doubt we want to use it
on the website).
- "Apache" should be given more prominence: font size is OK, but the
font weight and color should match those of "Office". I find Samer's
"Apache" better than Chris' as for weight and color. Remember that we
want to be able to scale the logo also quite small, like the current
logo shown on that page.

Regards,
   Andrea.