openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "F C. Costero" <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Find a better name for "sidebar"?
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 04:55:41 GMT
On 5/23/2013 5:29 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 5/23/2013 3:52 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> I don't if it's really to late for finding a handy name for the
>> biggest new feature in AOO. This has to be defined by others. :-)
>>
>> However, if we have some time, I have to say that "SuperPanel" or
>> "SmartPanel" are good proposals
> and possibly "SmartBar"   (or is that a snack food?)
>> what can be done by this UI element:
>>
>> Use the panel to do you work in a super smart and super fast way. It's
>> better to discover your tools and styles in a single location than to
>> poke for them in every toolbox and dialog.
>>
>> My 2 ct.
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> Am 05/23/2013 08:34 PM, schrieb Andrew Rist:

I understand people thinking it is too late to make a change but I also
think Jörg has made an excellent point. I see the purpose of the side
bar as allowing one to work faster by gathering many common functions. I
haven't been able to think of a name I like that communicates the speed
aspect. Perhaps Favorites Bar, with its allusion to a browser feature,
might incline people to try the new tool.
Best regards,
Francis