openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Is 3.4.1 still "incubating"?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:16:41 GMT
Am 05/22/2013 06:04 PM, schrieb Donald Whytock:
> I see on the downloads page (http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html)
> that the current version is listed as "*Current Version 3.4.1
> (incubating)".  *Since 3.4.1 is the current official release, and since
> "incubating" has more to do with Apache internal policies than the release
> itself, should the release still be called "(incubating)"?

The AOO project was still incubating as the version was released. So,
it's correct when it is still listed as "incubating".

> Could shorten the actual filenames too, but I suppose we're stuck with
> those for now...?

It won't work as long as you don't change the filenames on the
SourceForge servers, their download scripting, our download scripting.
And believe me, you don't want to do this just for 3.4.1. ;-)

Or do you mean just the displayed filenames? Yes, this could be changed
but I don't know if it is worth it.

Of course AOO 4.0.0 will be completely different in this regard.

Marcus