openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: openoffice 3.3
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 06:22:20 GMT
On Mon, 13 May 2013 06:59:02 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2013 20:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
> jerome strand <lesdantre@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I recently began trying to experiment with openoffice 3.3 and I want to say it's
AWESOME! However! There are some features I'd like to have that it doesn't offer. The fontwork
gallery is great but some of the font works cannot be changed as to the solid color I want
to use. Also when I want a different font to be typed in place, it reverts back to the arial
font. I would like to be able to add certain font styles to the list of fonts but can't. I
would like to scan a certain fontwork that I have a special project for and use but can't.
I would also like to be able to change things to print in a landscape but can't. I would also
like to set things up so I could make up an entire page, in landscape form, so that I could
print it out on eight and half by fourteen inch paper but can't.

> > I'm sure there is more that I'd like to do with this program but can't think of
it at this time.

> > I hope to hear from you soon.
> >
> > Jerome Strand
>
> You raise so many points in your posting but give inadequate details of your method of
working that it is not feasible to sort them out at this stage.  I recommend that you go to
our forum (using whichever national language version is most suitable) at http://forum.openoffice.org/
and post a series of your questions: the forums prefer if only one question is posted to each
thread, as this keeps the conversation focused on the specifics of that problem..

> I think that all the points you raise can be dealt with within the existing facilities
of OpenOffice; you might find it useful to read the existing documentation on OpenOffice's
components, linked off http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/ (in bottom left quarter of
screen)

> I can immediately answer your last point about a page 8.5 inches high by 14 inches wide:
use menu option /Format /Page : Page tab, drop the selector under Paper Format : Format to
Legal.  You should see the dimensions change to 6.5" and 14" (or metric equivalents) and then
select the Landscape checkbox.

Apologies: where I typed 6.5", it should have been 8.5" - too early in the morning (my time):
my eyes are not yet in gear!

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>