openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:24:58 GMT
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM, janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> On 24 April 2013 18:32, Virgil Arrington <cuyfalls@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rob,
>>
>> Thank you for the opportunity to give input into the new logo. I just took
>> the survey and, while I appreciated the opportunity to give comments on
>> individual logos, I wanted to just give a general observation.
>>
>> Of all the logos I saw, only one had a serif typeface. I think the use of
>> a classic serif typeface (Garamond, Linux Libertine, Goudy, etc.) might
>> work well in the logo.
>>
>> Virgil
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Rob Weir
>> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:50 AM
>> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org ; marketing@openoffice.apache.**org<marketing@openoffice.apache.org>;
>> users@openoffice.apache.org
>> Subject: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
>>

>> The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
>> next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
>> are looking to update our logo.
>>
>> We've received 40 proposals from community members and we would like
>> your feedback on these designs.
>>
>> You can find the survey here:
>>
>> http://survey.openoffice.org/**index.php/815178/<http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/815178/>
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your participation and feedback.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>
> Thanks rob, very nice job.
>
> I assume we will at some point go in a second round with just a few logos,
> would it be possible (at that time) to have these logos additional as:
> Logo for the product (sw)
> Favicon

I assume we do something like that.  Take the top scoring logos and
refine them, make take the best ideas and combine.  It will probably
depend on the results.  For example, if there is one logo that is way
out front, scoring far more than any other, then we probably want to
focus on that one.  But if there are several that scored near the top
then we'll need to discuss more.

My personal preference is to discuss and reach consensus where
possible, but vote where necessary.

-Rob