openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wiki, forum, www performance upgrade.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:45:10 GMT
On 8 April 2013 22:06, Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:

> Le 08/04/2013 20:36, janI a écrit :
>
>  Is anyone considering giving wiki/www/forum a facelift parallel to the
>> launch of 4.0. We should really make them more look alike and  a lot more
>> moden. If we look at other similar products they have much more modern
>> looks.
>>

> Do you have some examples for the other kind of forums you're thinking
> about?
> I'm not really convinced by the new Ubuntu forum for example (the header
> at top of the post is detrimental to the readability of the topics).
>
> I'm not that shocked by the phpBB current look but I don't really use
> other forums.

I had a close look at LO, they have a very nice and modern www.

I do not want to change the wiki or forum as such (that would be a much
larger task), but look and feel (like the front page). If you look at www,
wiki and forum side by side they are different  in layout and style.

I would like users to flow between wiki/forum/www and think they are on the
same system, due to the look of it.

rgds
jan I.