openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lazy concensus] language merge into trunk.
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 08:21:55 GMT
On 5 April 2013 09:16, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/13 9:22 PM, janI wrote:

> lot
> in
> >> extra
> clean

> in
> committed

> >> So we had translations in Pootle, in the 3.4 branch and in the trunk.  I
> >> assume you're able to get us all back together?  If so, this is a big
> step
> >> forward.  Thanks!
> >>

> > Yes if you look in branches/l10n/solenv/lang you will find a consolidated
> > set of po files (which cannot be used for 4.0, before I get genLang
> > integrated in build)
>
> I don't think that solenv is the best place for hosting the po files.
> Can you explain why you have chosen solenv?

I chose solenv, because it is the place we store build information, but it
can also be l10ntools that might be better (and is easy to change).

I do not like languages as extras, that is the wrong signal to send,
languages are an integrated part of aoo and not an addon. We have
"extensions" and "swext" in main, they should go long before our languages.

Developers should always try their work with languages, actually I have the
opinion that we should always build with languages (or at least compile).

Just to be sure, I will not move the lang directory to trunk now...it is
not part of this lazy con. decision.

rgds
Jan I