openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject translate-vm2 (pootle)
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:14:24 GMT
Hi.

Just for your information, work has just started on a new setup of the
translate server.

Infra has been kind enough to provide a parallel server (according to the
requested specifications). The advantage of a new server is that is setup
to use ldap/puppet, which makes maintenance easier.

I will over the comming weeks prepare the server, inclduding an optimized
mysql. It seems pootle 2.5 is not being released (due to lack of interest I
think), but I will anyhow try to install it (It has been running on other
servers for months). Please remember this server is available to all asf
projects, supported by infra, and as a consequence infra also has
determines the setup.

With a little luck we are able to switch to this (hopefully) better
performing server, before starting to translate 4.0.

rgds
jan I.