openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shell access to LAMP machines
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:22:48 GMT
On 01/04/2013 janI wrote:
> A volunteer does not need to be an expert, that can be learned, possibility
> to react swiftly to alers in your TZ is the key. General knowledge about
> mysql/php is a clear advantage. In general we talk about 1-2 hours work pr
> month, not including upgrades.

Adding to what Jan wrote: we now have more granular access levels, so
that we can have a class of volunteers who can only restart services
(which is often enough in case of a sudden problem). This means you
shouldn't be scared of having too many privileges and possibly break the
setup, since privileges will be exactly enough to do what is needed.

We can give these privileges a couple of volunteers if available, don't
be shy! You need to be an OpenOffice committer and have a reasonable
knowledge of Linux system administration (not much, but at least being
able to manage services from the command line). Again, American
timezones are not covered at the moment so it's best to have volunteers
from there, but any help is welcome. Anyone?

Regards,
   Andrea.