openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject URGENT: Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2013
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:18:50 GMT
Looks like a GSoC deadline has suddenly arrived.   Sorry I didn't
notice this earlier.

We need to get idea proposals into JIRA today!

Anyone can sign up for JIRA access:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Assign it to the "Community Development" project in JIRA.  Give then
the label "gsoc2013"

Additional instructions in Ulrich's note !

So if you have a coding idea, and are willing to mentor a student,
please enter the idea into JIRA today !

Thanks !

Rob !

!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@apache.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2013
To: pmcs@apache.org

Dear PMCs,

I'm going to submit our application to Google this weekend but our
ideas list only shows 34 ideas
until now. That's a shame considering that we have over a hundred
projects and were able to offer
potential students 142 project ideas to choose from last year and it
might also hinder our chances
of being accepted.

Remember, GSoC is a great way to attract fresh blood to your projects
and to get work done that
might otherwise go undone. It is in your own interest to participate.

Incubator mentors, please also talk to your respective podlings.

If there is anything keeping you from participating, or anything that
needs clarification, don't
hesitate to contact the community development project at
dev@community.apache.org or, if you want to
keep the discussion private, code-awards@apache.org.

Cheers,

Uli

On 05.03.2013 16:26, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> Hello PMCs,
>
> Google Summer of Code [1] is the ideal opportunity for you to attract new contributors
to your projects.

> The ASF will apply as a participating organization meaning individual projects don't
have to apply
> separately.
>
> If you want to participate with your project you NOW need to
>
> - understand what it means to be a mentor [2].
>
> - record your project ideas. Just create issues in JIRA, label them with gsoc2013, and
they will
> show up at [3]. Please be as specific as possible when describing your idea. Include
the programming
> language, the tools and skills required, but try not to scare potential students away.
They are