openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UX] Design Exploration - AOO 4.0 Sidebar Specific Content Panel Design
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:49:49 GMT
On 27/03/2013 Xin Li wrote:
> The sidebar design proposal for AOO 4.0 has been uploaded to AOO UX wiki:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Design_Exploration_-_Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_User_Interface_Design_Proposals#Sidebar_Content_Panel_-_UX_Design_propoals

This is really impressive. And I'm tempted to lock the wiki page to
force developers to put this stuff on the blog... just joking, but
really, each of these three images could become a blog post, if we want
some more feedback.

Coming to minor comments, I have some localization concerns, like in "6.
Alignment": "Wrap text" and "Merge Cells". The former in Italian would
be "A capo automatico" and wouldn't fit the space. This might suggest
avoiding text in narrow spaces and preferring icons to it (we do have
one for "Merge Cells", I'm not sure about "Wrap text"). This improvement
can also come after 4.0, but cut text in 4.0 would not be very nice, so
the few problematic cases (possibly, only this one) should maybe use a
different layout.

Regards,
  Andrea.