openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sidebar] Snapshot builds are available
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:00:28 GMT
On 24.03.2013 17:56, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 22/03/2013 Hagar Delest wrote:
>> What I like about the sidebar: ...
>> - Increase/Decrease font buttons will please a lot of users!
>
> Indeed. And another way to make lots of users happy, and show that the
> sidebar is not only a new interface but also a way to implement new
> features, would be to include the output of "Tools - Word Count" (not
> the button, which might still be useful though) in the sidebar. Is
> this technically feasible?

As others have said before me in this thread, the word count is best be
displayed in the status bar.

But your question is valid for other features.
The answer is, yes, of course.   Making the sidebar extensible with more
decks and panels was one of the design goals.  You can do that with
extensions in any language that is supported by the extension manager.
There will be Wiki page that describes the details.  The already
existing way to do that will be supported also.

-Andre