openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Download page: add "Official Site" to the title
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:00:47 GMT
Am 03/24/2013 11:23 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> I've just added "Official Site" to the HTML "title" element in
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/
> (and to the test pages that may replace it for future releases) in the

Ah, right, there is still some work to do. Thanks for this little
reminder. ;-) I think Eastern is quite nice to make some changes.

> hope that this will make it easier to identify the official site for
> people who use search engines.
>
> If you believe that this change won't have the intended effect, or on
> the contrary that "Official Site" should also be added to other sections
> of our website, feel free to modify the pages accordingly.

It's good to point this out in the webpages to make it clear in the
Google serach results.

However, when searching now it's already very good - even when Google
has not yet optimized the search results:

http://www.google.de/search?q=openoffice+download+official

The first result is already our download page.

The next 3 results point to "www.openoffice.org" webpages and the sixth
is the blog post with "How to Safely Download Apache OpenOffice".

Marcus