openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject [sidebar] Snapshot builds are available
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:32:28 GMT
Hello everybody,

The two most important improvements since my last update:
- There are some more panels migrated from Symphony (Line, Area,
Position and Size, Graphics, Page)
- Context switching works and shows the decks and panels as they should
appear in the finished sidebar.  The missing panels are replaced by
placeholders for the time being.

More information and an explanation of the concepts (deck, panel,
context) as well as short descriptions of the panels can be found on the
Wiki page [1].

The most important thing I have not (yet) done is: blogging about the
sidebar.  But the implementation is now in a state that deserves a
little more publicity so I will see if I find the time to write about it.

But now to the snapshot builds that I have promised in the subject.
Please go to [2] to find the installation set for your preferred platform.
But please not that this is work in progress.  Do not use it to work on
important documents.

If you are interested in doing QA on the sidebar feature, there is a
short section [3] that lists three simple documents that will help you
find all the different contexts and that tell you which panels should be
visible for each context.

Have fun,
Andre

[1] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar