openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Board report April: infrastructure wishlist
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 23:39:18 GMT
The periodic report to the Apache Board about the status of the
OpenOffice project and community is due in about one month. You can find
an initial draft of the April report at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2013+Apr
but it is almost completely empty and not worth reading yet.

Remember that we have rarely used it this way so far, but the Board
report is also an occasion to officially notify the Apache Board about
our needs: the Board can decide how to allocate resources, but they need
our input for that.

Seeing the many recent discussions about infrastructure (wiki, forum,
buildbots, Pootle, domains, certificates...) I believe we should use the
report to make a sort of "Infrastructure wishlist". The aim is to avoid
annoying the Infrastructure staff and volunteers with requests; we
should tell the Board what our priorities are, so that they can use
these priorities in allocating resources.

So, feel free to discuss the "Infrastructure wishlist" here and I will
then include it in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2013+Apr for
consideration by the Apache Board (we will probably ask Infra to take a
look too before sending).

Regards,
   Andrea.