openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:10:47 GMT
> In my opinion the problem is not only the problem with the trade mark (or the simple program-name)
but also a public relations problem.
> I do not know the team of Feodora, but I know many people of LO / TDF and, let me be
clear, _some_ (_not_ all) consider it well to cultivate a public representation that users
subliminally says that LO's successor OOo is . (not as an official statement, but subliminally)

Is it LO who is infringing on our trademark or is it Fedora who is misusing our trademark
for other project? Shouldn't we notify Fedora people politely about this situation and let
them (and help them!) solve the issue first?
--
Pavel Janík