openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reverting commits [was: Re: svn commit: r1441659 - /openoffice/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 00:07:39 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> This tempest in a teapot is not about
> a wayward revert as you did not completely
> back out the commit- you just patched it.

Exactly. It is rather clear from here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext?r1=1419051&r2=1441659&diff_format=h
Dave adds a link to the OpenOffice.org site and includes a (R) too, but
the reason for the commit was to add the link (see log).

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext?r1=1441659&r2=1441662&diff_format=h
Rob does not change the link, but removes the (R) over legal concerns
and informs the list.

I don't see anything bad here. It was a patch that respected the
intentions behind Dave's commit. Anyway, it is very good that the
trademark issue came up again, so that we can get clear indications on
what must be done for 4.0.

Regards,
   Andrea.