openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tutorial UNO IDL
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:12:00 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 09:01:14AM +0100, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/21/13 4:44 AM, jorge ivan poot diaz wrote:
> > Hello Juergen,
> > What do you mean:
> >> A little bit more work... Let me check the tutorial later ...
> >
> > How I can solve this compatibility issue?
> > Would you kindly tell me step by step how to solve it, please.
> >

> I think it make no sense to explain this now in details because as I
> mentioned it should be rather seldom used.  The tutorial which I have
> never recognized before is introducing a new type XHelloWorldDialog and
> here it should be allowed to change it.
>
> Which type do you try to change?

The tutorial is replacing the css.dialogs.XExecutableDialog with
XHelloWorldDialog, no wonder he gets the registry mismatch... he will
also have to change all the places in the source tree where
XExecutableDialog is used... a complete waste of time, and it doesn't
teach anything; on the contrary, it will confuse newcomers.

IMHO we should mark all these tutorials as obsolete and put a big red
warning on the pages.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile