openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: (old) New feature/option to prevent autodata alterations in calc
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 08:04:46 GMT
Hi Kieth,

> For years I have suffered as
> 	1. numbers are turned to dates

is it really a number you want to input or do you use a number format ?

> 	2. phone numbers are altered

In this case you can start your cell entry using a single quote
character. A trailing single quote character will handle the cell
content as a string not as a number.

> 	3. lower case data is changed to identical higher case data (eg: data to DATA(when DATA
is a separate piece of
data that i typed than the lower case))

I have to confess this can be odd but it really is a feature of Calc to
autocorrect the way you once wrote a string within another input cell
within a column. You can turn this behavior off within the tools menu.

"/tools/cell content/auto input" (or something like that - I use a
German localization)

> 	4. If I type Scone then i can not write s, sc, sco, or scon in the same field without
my data being altered to the full word scone.

same as above

Kind regards, Joost