openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From harry steven <edinburghapartm...@hotmail.com>
Subject APACHE OPEN OFFICE 3.4.1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:12:39 GMT

Hello Rory, you are MY HERO!
Followed your instructions and selected the PDF, but it did not work, the printer did not
recognise what to do.
Tried again and noticed that on the choices although the pull down menu showed PDF there was
another box showing JPG.
I changed this box to PDF and the Printer started to Print - what Joy!
Thank you so much for making the rules so clear.
BUT to ALL Programmes PLEASE PLEASE ask a group of Senior Citizens who do not understand Computer
Speak to pass the wording and rules as "Crystal Clear" This is an UK icon that are given to
organisations whose wording can be understood by most people who can read.
There is an absolute fortune awaiting any computer firm/programmers that have a very simple
selection of icons and if you want more then you can ask for them.
Can I be on such a Panel (Apache and others take note.)
Removing and then re-installing a Printer DOES NOT WORK.
You say 64 bits are known for this.
Just as well the Moon landing did not rely on a 64 bit programme.
Thanks again from a snowy cold Edinburgh in Scotland.
The first drink and more is on me when you visit.
Harry
end

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:10:10 +0000
> From: ofarrwrk@iol.ie
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> CC: edinburghapartment@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: APACHE OPEN OFFICE 3.4.1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
>
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:29:48 +0000
> harry steven <edinburghapartment@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have just downloaded this Version of Open Office.Now my Printer will not print
anything in Open Office and refers me to check my Printer configuration.At 74 years of age,
this is all a mystery to me, so please tell me how I can get my Printer to print out a legal
Document I need so urgently.Thanks you.Harry StevenEdinburgh Scotland

> A quick workaround to allow you print your document without delay: /File /Export as PDF.
 Now open the PDF document in a PDF reader (usually Adobe Reader, almost certainly installed
on your computer) and print the document from that.

> The longer approach to a fix: it can help to reinstall your printer _after_ installing
OpenOffice.  Reports of printer problems seem to occur more commonly when 64 bit Windows operating
systems are used; there may be some problem interfacing with 32 bit OpenOffice, but the problem
is not common or recreatable for debugging, as far as I know.