openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Simona <jssimona2...@gmail.com>
Subject Introduction and Question
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 22:04:22 GMT
Hello everyone, my name is Jonathan Simona and I currently am attending the
university: Cal Poly Pomona in California as a Computer Science major.
Currently, I am taking a class on Software Engineering, in which we are
required to join an open source project and submit two "non-trivial
modifications or additions" such as bug fixes or adding a feature over the
next two months.

Even though I have decent knowledge about programming, I actually have no
experience in fixing bugs nor the knowledge of how to go in and submit
patches that will fix/modify bugs/features on open source projects. Since
this community seemed very friendly towards new users, I was wondering if
someone would be willing to show me the ropes and possibly point out two
novice-like, yet still non trivial, things I could possibly work on.

I thank everyone for their time in reading this email and to anyone who is
willing to reply.