openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:11:00 GMT
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:
>
> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>
> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>
> So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
> that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
> languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
> this, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages

If someone is new to translating for OpenOffice they may not be
familiar with this.   There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
dictionaries listed here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

What we need is for the translators to check this list (or other
sources of info) and see if there is an appropriate spell checking
dictionary.  Also see if there is a hyphenation dictionary and
thesaurus.    If there are available, try them with the snapshot build
to confirm that they still install and work correctly with AOO 3.4.1.
If so, create the Bugzilla issue per Juergen's request.

-Rob