openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:44:32 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Fan Zheng <zheng.easyfan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andrea.
>
> So is it necessary for us to add a (or highlight the) certain step for
> subscribing the mailing list into our overall introduction to new comers?

If you point them to the first orientation module that will explain
how to sign up for mailing lists:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-contributing.html

And in general, if someone expresses interest in all areas (qa, doc,
C+,etc.) then I would send them to the root orientation page and have
them read a little about each one, to decide what they want to do:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html

-Rob