openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License information for Open Office
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:24:12 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Richard Moore IS Business Officer -
SACM Service Delivery Management <Richard.Moore2@essex.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
> Essex libraries are investigating to install Open Office on the Peoples Network machines
in all libraries.
> This cover 750 public facing PC's across the county.
> Please can you inform me of the license implications of doing this?

Hi Richard,

Apache OpenOffice is open source software, published under the Apache
License 2.0.  You can read the complete license here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

and a plain-English summary of what it means here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#WhatDoesItMEAN

As Ian mentioned, we're always glad to hear the details of successful
adoptions of OpenOffice, so we can use them for promoting our
non-profit work, but this is not required.

Regards,

-Rob

> Thanks
>
> Richard Moore
> Service Asset and Configuration Management
> Information Services
>
> Essex County Council | telephone:07769 164317 | email:Richard.Moore2@essex.gov.uk
>
> This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.
It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise
used by any other person unless express permission is given. If you are not a named recipient,
please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility
to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.