openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make money with Apache OpenOffice (proposed blog post)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:39:43 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> +1 although I don't know what MS Office 2003 end-of-life has to do with it, particularly.

It is something we're seeing.  Organizations who purchased licenses
for Office 2003, and see support ending in April 2014.  They are
starting to explore their options now.  A large migration will take
this long.  So this is an opportunity for those who have products or
services in areas ranging from training, to migration, document
conversion, etc.

-Rob