openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice for AIX
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:13:38 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Андрей Белокозов <belokozov_a@nitec.kz>wrote:

> Hello! My name is Andrey. I work in a company "Nation Information of
> Technologies" in Kazakhstan. I need to install Apache OpenOffice on AIX
> 5.3. I know that Apache OpenOffice don't support for AIX officially. Is it
> possible to build special installer for AIX? Can you help me or send to me
> some links to resources that describe process of building and installation
> Apache OpenOffice on AIX.****
>
> **

Thanks for contacting the Apache OpenOffice project.  Currently there is no
one maintaining the AIX port of OpenOffice.  This means it would require
some development work to get the current OpenOffice code to compile and run
on that platform.

You can find more information on porting here, including links to technical
information: http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

If you have a serious interest in an AIX port and are willing to help with
the technical work, it might be worth us posting a "call for volunteers" on
our project blog, to see if anyone else is interested in helping with an
AIX port.  If another 4 or 5 people are interested in helping, and they
have the right skills, then this could be possible.   That is how open
source software works -- finding the critical mass of people willing to
work together on the same task.

Regards,

-Rob

технологии"*****

> *РК, г. Астана, 010000, ул. Орынбора, 8, Дом Министерств,
блок 16 "В",