openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ubuntu Build Instructions
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:04:15 GMT
On 31.01.2013 14:56, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 31.01.2013 14:50, Herbert Duerr wrote:
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> On 31.01.2013 14:07, janI wrote:
>>> Thx for the update, I do however have 2 questions:
>>>
>>> - there are 2 build guides for ubuntu:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions
>>> I think one of them should be deemed outdated and point at the other ?
>>
>> Good point, I wasn't aware that somebody started that topic on a
>> different page name anew. The developer who created the new page
>> obviously wasn't aware of the old page either, else he would/should
>> have updated it, wouldn't he? Hi Andre ;-)
>
> No, he would not have.  One is a step by step instruction without much
> explanation.
> The other details the general procedure of build AOO, without giving a
> command line for every step.

Please see the two links Jan provided. The question was to compare
   http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions
with

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

You probably misread the question as to compare
   http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
with

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

and for this pair your answer makes perfect sense.

Herbert