openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:35:09 GMT

On 01/29/2013 12:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

>>> I think we will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll try to be at home
>>> short after 18:00 CET.
>>>
>>> It looks like we need to test (and fix) in "Live-Mode". ;-)
>>

>> Now I can see all updates (incl. "hu"):
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/
>>

> Cool!
>

>> But I guess we will start earliest tomorrow, right?
>>

> It is always morning someplace on the planet.  If we release now then
> the Koreans will see their new translation first.
>
> Are we waiting for anything technical to happen?

The update is in ooo-staging as near as I can tell.

I randomly checked a few links (on other.html) and everything seems fine.

So, whoever wants to can just "publish" and this should be live in
production.

> One approach might be to put up the new script and other.html page.
> Wait a couple of hours.  If we don't get a dozen reports of problems
> in that time then we know things are not horribly broken.  The blog
> post can come later, once we are sure there are no distribution
> errors.  Then we enable the update notifications.  Ideally we get
> through all these steps *before* Fosdem.
>
> So I'm in favor of moving it ahead now, unless there is a technical
> reason not to.
>
> I'm traveling right now but I can help for the next 3 hours, and then
> again later tonight (New York time).

Well feel free to publish if you like. I can't ascertain the script
correctness (language changes etc.) without a lot of mucking with my
user agent but other.html seems fine.

> -Rob
>

>> Marcus

Norwegian
The Hungarian
is now included.

updated only

and is based

new languages

all people to

Apache

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                  -- Aesop