openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sidebar color scheme survey
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:59:37 GMT
On 29.01.2013 16:41, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Development of the sidebar is progressing well.  It already looks a lot
> like the mockups posted by Xin Li on December 18th [1].  I have
> concentrated on the underlying framework, so there is only one partially
> migrated panel so far.  Nevertheless the framework is now flexible
> enough to think about the default color scheme to use. There are
> developer builds [2] and an extension that allow live evaluation of the
> nine different color schemes from [1].
>
> I would like to ask you to either look at the mockups at [1] or try the
> developer builds [2] and tell me what color scheme you like best.
>[...]
> [1]
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Design_Exploration_-_Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_User_Interface_Design_Proposals#Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_UX_Design_propoals

For the panel decoration I prefer the proposal A (Gradient Color
Background) because the separator lines or the emboss effect add too
much visual noise.

For the panel color scheme I prefer proposal 1 (Grey Title and Panel)
because this panel is for setting properties which the other proposals
don't convey. A gradient for the Title from dark grey to grey would be
even better.

Herbert