openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject New volunteers from Mexico
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:07:35 GMT
A number of new volunteers from Mexico, mostly students from the Riviera
Maya University, joined different OpenOffice mailing lists this week.

Well, welcome to everyone of course! And I'd like to make sure that you,
as a group, can get the most out of this project and that we can benefit
from your availability in the most effective way.

If this is part of a course project please let us know, since in that
case we can probably arrange specific projects for you.

Anyway, depending on what you are interested in, these are the next steps:
- if you are interested in development, please read
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html and get
your first build done:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
- if you are interested in QA, please read
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html
and write to the QA mailing list (references at the above URL) saying
that you've read the "Orientation to QA" and that you would like to be
assigned a set of bugs to confirm.

Please let us know when you have completed these preliminary steps,
there are a lot of ways you can get involved!

Regards,
   Andrea.