openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Hi
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:52:40 GMT
Doug Lee wrote:

> Hi guys, My name's Doug.I'm a first year computing student from
> Australia interested in getting involved in the Open Office project.
> I've learnt how to program in C and SQL and a bit of Java and was
> hoping to use these skills or pick up new ones to contribute to the
> project.I love learning new things and I love helping and Open Office
> seems like I can do both. I have to admit, I'm really not sure how
> you guys work but if someone is happy/willing to help me through
> maybe even the first step and show me how I can contribute, I'd
> really appreciate that. =) Looking forward to working with you
> all!Doug

Hi Doug;

Welcome to Apache OpenOffice. The best first step would be to go to our
orientation page at: http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html
and follow the steps outlined there. The first 2 levels will give you a
better understanding around how the project works. Then dive into level
3 which by the sounds for you would be Introduction to development.

Also you will want to subscribe to this list by sending a blank email to
users-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org?subject=subscribe%20users
This is not only where development discussion takes place, but also
where decisions are made.

Again Welcome and I look forward to seeing your contributions to AOO

Regards
Keith