openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: fyi don't know if yr aware of this
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:17:41 GMT

On 01/21/2013 07:05 PM, Stan Helton wrote:
> On the other hand, this one seems a bit overpriced ($4.95):
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-APACHE-OPEN-OFFICE-3-4-MASTER-INSTALL-DVD-LINUX-MAC-WINDOWS-BONUS-CD-/370639582458

Just posting a sale to ebay costs money. So, I figure they have the cost
of posting to ebay, the commission that ebay takes on the sale, and then
there are the costs to produce and mail. I assume that a regular CD,
postage, and the disc mailer probably cost around $1 or a bit more. If
ebay ends up with $2 to $3, that does not leave a bunch of profit. Kudos
for a lower price for those that do not have an internet connection (but
then why would they be on ebay).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php