openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice on Wikipedia (was: In case you missed it: The OpenOffice Wikipedia page was FUD'ed over the holidays)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:02:11 GMT
David Gerard wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>

>> Take a look at the lovely new page:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice
>> Some choice bits of distortion:
>

> Thanks for publicising this. I really did mean I wanted more eyes on it.
>
> Useful pages in dealing with contentious topics (which is everything):
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Identifying_reliable_sources
>
> Cheers, looking forward to help. The talk page welcomes you!
>
> Anyone with a good clippings file for the history of OO from 2000?
> Such a history, that gets across *why* OO is as historically important
> as it is, is not yet written, as far as I know. I went through the OO
> clippings pages and archive.org but didn't find a lot.
>

> - d.

David,
Extensive records of OOo since its inception in 2000 exist. My own
understanding is that the milestones are still obvious. I have personal
accounts, but these would need to be validated by public citation.

The generally useful milestone pages may still, too, be available via
the Internet Archive, of
course; but that goes without saying--?
louis

--