openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to do with confirmed bugs?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:11:33 GMT
On 18.01.2013 22:47, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Rob Weir schrieb:
> [...]
>> Also, are we still using/looking at votes on bugs?  Was that an
>> effective way of prioritizing?
>
> It was the only way for users to get a little bit influence on the
> decision, which feature will be implemented and what changes will be
> made. Now it might help those, who come and say "I want to help in
> development, but do not know in which area to work." Unfortunately it is
> no longer possible to select "vote" as column and sort on it. Can you
> enable that?

AFAIK that is not longer possible in Bugzilla 4. There the voting
feature has been demoted to an extension [1] and things like searching
by vote have been removed completely [2] and the vote count is no longer
exported via its XML or JSON webservices.

[1] http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.0/release-notes.html#v40_feat_vot_ext
[2]
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/en/html/api/Bugzilla/WebService/Bug.html#search

I hope that Bugzilla gets its full voting system features back as I
liked it and always consider the vote count when prioritizing issues.

Herbert