openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [www] Want to add documentation to http://www.openoffice.org/udk/ or http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:44:17 GMT
Hi Stefan,

welcome to the AOO project. We have the documentation mailing list, see
http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#documentation-mailing-list-public.
You should subscribe to that list too.

Stuart schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> my name is Stefan Ensslen. I'm a 34 years old software engineer from
> Germany. I'd like to participate in the documentation of
> OpenOffice/LibreOffice. However, I'd rather contribute to the
> Programmer's instead of the User's Guide.

Do you want to write in English or in German or both?

Documentation lies idle for some time and we look forward to your
contribution. It would fit well to our effort to attract more developers.

> I found that the framework documentation
> (http://docs.libreoffice.org/framework.html) contains only a single
> link to the OO site (http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework), and
> the information that can be found at the OO site seems to be only a
> stub. I can't imagine that everybody just reads the source code in
> order to find out how UNO works, so I'd like to add some information.
>
> The UNO documentation does not offer more insights either. Both sites
> http://www.openoffice.org/udk/ and http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/
> offer much information about the concepts of UNO.
>
> Besides this, I'd also like to add some information about how one can
> contribute to the Programmer's Guide. I'd be happy to contribute, but
> unfortunately neither LibreOffice nor OpenOffice make it easy to
> contribute (unlike Wikipedia).
>
> So I guess that I have to apply for some kind of account.

Our documentation will be on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page,
here called "MWiki". The MWiki-software is the same as for Wikipedia.
You register for an account and write then. To minimize spam, persons
with a new account have to wait four days till write access is enabled.
So please be patient.

We encourage new volunteers to learn a little bit about the project
itself. Please have a look at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html

Kind regards
Regina