openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:23:04 GMT
On 10/01/2013 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/FOSDEM+2013+Organization

Here is a proposal that I'm submitting for lazy consensus. If anybody
else wishes to take over I'll definitely be happy, but we need to get it
started now if we wish to be ready in time for FOSDEM.

> We will need actions on three levels:
> - Determine what to get and especially the related costs and deadlines
> (and of course, availability to take care of placing the orders at due
> time)

At least, we will need a simple banner (an X-banner or a roll-up banner)
and a few hundreds (500-1000) of the English flyers prepared by Drew. I
can take care of ordering and delivering to FOSDEM. But then the
materials should be given to someone who regularly attends events and
travels by car, like Mechtilde and Michael.

> - Allocating funds (I expect this to be easy, through easy consensus on
> this list; we have funds that are in principle available for conferences)

A budget of 150 EUR will cover the expenses. It is quite likely that we
will spend less (for example, I received an offer for banner+500 flyers
at 100 EUR, even though I haven't been able to check some details yet),
but since printing 1000 flyers costs only 15 EUR more than printing 500,
I would keep some margin to be able to pick the most convenient option.

> - Preparing a design for the materials we need

I would be able to prepare a quick banner design (orb+logo). But I'm
putting Michael Acevedo in CC since we still need to have a real vector
version (in any format: SVG, AI, EPS...) of the OpenOffice logo. By the
way, the banner size I'm investigating is 60x160 cm if anyone wants to
prepare the design.

Regards,
   Andrea.