openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symphony code in AOO 4.0
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:08:37 GMT
On 16/01/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> the Symphony contribution in itself is worth to be
>> properly acknowledged and get exposure.
> Agreed.  So I am glad then that you made the call for additional blog
> authors.  It is probably best if the Symphony contribution is
> acknowledged, etc., by a non-IBM project member.  That would make it
> harder to dismiss it in some quarters.

I can try to understand these concerns, but from a practical point of
view it is quite difficult for someone who is not a (former) Symphony
team member, or who wasn't involved with porting code from Symphony, to
write a meaningful post about the improvements that the Symphony
contribution made possible.

For example, analyzing the hundreds of [From Symphony] issues would not
be feasible for me. Well, let's see if someone else takes the challenge,
but honestly there's nobody better than the people who know Symphony to
describe what was ported and what areas will benefit from its code most...

Regards,
   Andrea.