openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dictionaries?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:01:42 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> What portion of the historical collection of spelling dictionaries
>> have travelled into the AOO project?

To complete Rob's answer: no dictionaries are maintained as part of the
project. I've just packaged three dictionaries for OpenOffice 3.4.1 and
the process works like this:
- Dictionaries are hosted on third-party sites (usually
extensions.openoffice.org, a community site; but any other stable
hosting will work). See for example
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/aoo-dict-no
- They are not part of the Apache sources
- By mere aggregation, we include them in binaries. See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst

> I'm not aware of any license changes on the dictionaries themselves in
> this time period, but maybe others know more.

We did have at least one license change (Russian?) but the bundling
mechanism is actually designed to retrieve external OXT files at build time.

Regards,
   Andrea.