openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT, DISCUSS]: no migration/use of former user profile with AOO 4.0
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 23:49:21 GMT
Hi Rob,

I had the crash problem too, but unfortunately I do not have the user
profile any longer. But I can list some things, which I usually do with
each version:

- Add name to user data, turn off "Help Agent", increase Graphics cache
to maximum, number of objects to 100, set number of undo steps to 20.
- In Pathes: Add AutoCorrect, AutoText, Gallery, and Templates from a
folder outside my home directory, do not make it the default. Set
Graphics to the default Windows folder for personal pictures.
- Set Macro Security to Medium.
- Set JRE to Java 1.6.0.37.
- Have Online Update to check automatically every week.
- Clear checkbox "Size optimation for ODF settings".
- Set HTML to Export OOoWriter and Character set UTF-8.
- Change Languages to not use the "default" item, enable both items in
enhanced language support.
- Set personal document templates from the added path (see above) as
default template.
- Define own toolbar in Draw and in Impress with commands for macros.
- Import about 10 macro libraries.
- In Draw and Impress: Dock toolbar 'Options' to the left and customize
it. Customize the drawing toolbar to show the toolboxes instead of
single shapes. Drag the zoom sub-toolbar from the standard bar and dock
it. Stack Page pane and Style&Formatting window.
- Customize standard toolbar: remove, disable and add commands.
In Writer dock table and numbering toolbar to the right,
Style&Formatting window to the left, show drawing toolbar, customize
standard toolbar, define own toolbar for macros.
  - Install a German or an English language pack, depending on which is
the basis installation. Make sure the dictionary is installed and
install it, if it is missing. Keep the default installed extensions.

Including the recent document list, this results always in a
registrymodifications.xcu with size around 800KB.

All that was done on WinXP. [I'm now on Win7.]

I think, this might give you an imagination of "highly customized".

Kind regards
Regina