openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a new type of cursor on LINUX platform
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:28:43 GMT
Hi,

On 15.01.2013 09:40, Liang Weike wrote:
> I want to add a new type of cursor into office. Currently I've finished it on Windows.
But when I run it on Linux the new cursor disappears. So how to write #_mask.h and #_curs.h?
And does it come from the converted .cur file? If it does, then how to convert?

I'm afraid the tool that did such conversions is no longer available and
has to be rewritten.

The format of these *_mask.h and *_curs.h files are the ones written out
by X11's XWriteBitmapFile() [1] function. The Windows CUR file format is
described in [2].

[1] http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man3/XReadBitmapFile.3.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_%28icon_image_file_format%29

You'd also need to use the MAKE_CURSOR macro in
  main/vcl/unx/generic/app/saldisp.cxx
and
  main/vcl/unx/gtk/app/gtkdata.cxx

Hope that helps,