openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Can't Escape the CAPTCHA Cats on MIki
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:25:09 GMT
On 1/6/2013 05:34, janI wrote:
> @TJ: thx for helping regina, however in general I think it is better to
> analyze the problem, otherwise we end up all being sysop (I have no problem
> with that, as long as we all understand what it means).
>
> The problem is solved by a reconfiguration of confirmEdit as described on
> mediawiki extension page.
>
> Rgds
> Jan I

@Jan: I quite agree that a general solution is better; this sure sounds
like the "directory path" problem as described on the extension page.

My policy on new sysops has been, that any committer who asks (or has
problems) can be one; we trust committers not to let their use of karma
exceed their fu. (In addition, I have appointed several non-committers
who have demonstrated their care and caring to my satisfaction.) Maybe,
if things (hopefully!) settle down, I can get around to posting some
draft policy statements on the wiki, for review.
{more}

> On 6 January 2013 03:10, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <andrew@pitonyak.org>wrote:
>
>> I am unable to duplicate the problem.... Primarily because it looks like
>> when I edit a page, I am not given this page. Well, I did only edit my user
>> home page since I don't really want to be messing with public pages and
>> adding arbitrary links even for testing.
>>
>> I am hesitant to create a test user because I expect that I cannot then
>> remove that test user....

@Andrew: Your suspicions are correct about deleting a test user.
However, users with no active edits (including test dummies) should be
removed after a year, by Jan's maintenance script. Therefore, feel free
to create a test user which will not be a sysop, and hence may show
problems that your regular user (which /is/ a sysop) won't show. If
you're through with the test user, simply delete any edits or pages it
made, and wait for it to go away.
/tj/