openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: info: Additional Licensing requirements if any for use of Open Office for Professional Work in Companies
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 19:17:13 GMT
anand.vasappanavara wrote:
> Thank you for your mail and yes definetly i will keep you posted
> about the outcome. Is it ok to  pass on your mail Id to our IT
> department to further take this forward.

Sure. And I've realized I left a question unanswered:

> What about the security associated with the extensions of these tools
> are they safe, can they leak our professional info like those free
> android apps?

Some extensions are bundled with OpenOffice and they undergo the same
level of scrutiny as the rest of our source code. As for the others,
extensions.openoffice.org is a community site: extensions hosted there
are scanned for viruses, malware and spam, but are not fully audited by
the project.

Regards,
   Andrea.